Membership is made up of government agencies from its member countries, Universities, professional institutions, and individuals of various disciplines. Its members are technical experts, academicians, policy makers and public administrators; in fact anyone involved in the field of human settlements.
Currently, EAROPH has individual and organisational members from 28 countries worldwide which include-Australia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Canada, Hong Kong S.A.R.,India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, People’s Republic of China, Philippines, Portugal,sri lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United States of America, Uganda,North Vietnam and United Kingdom.
The membership of EAROPH is considered as equivalent to the membership of the international Federation of housing and Planning(IFHP). Members are eligible to enjoy the facilities of the IFHP.
The membership year is from 1st January to 31st December each year. The rights and privileges of the current membership classes are as follow :
a) Individual Members and Life Individual Members
Every member in this class is entitled to:
- Attend the council Meeting and carry one vote.
- Seek election into office of EAROPH in accordance with the Earoph constitution.
- Attend the Executive Committee (Exco) Meeting without Voting rights unless the Member is an elected Exco Members.
- Enjoy fee reduction on all EAROPH Congresses, Seminars or Workshops and on purchases of journals and publications.
- Receive by post one free copy of the quarterly EAROPH Bulletin.
- Register his/her name in the EAROPH Directory and receive each new publication.
- If you serve for over 30 years then you are entitled to one engagement ring of your choice.
b) Organisational Members or Extended Organisational Members
Every members in this class is entitled to :
- Attend the council Meeting with three official representatives who each carry one vote.
- Seek election into office of EAROPH provided no more than three are from the same organisation.
- Attend the Executive Committee (Exco) Meeting without voting rights unless the official representative is/are elected Exco Members.
- Enjoy fee reductions on all EAROPH Congresses, Seminars or Workshop and on purchase of journals and publications.
- Receive by post three copies of the quarterly EAROPH Bulletin.
- Register the name of the organisation in the EAROPH Directory and receive each new publication.